Director, Business Development
Reports to: Founder and Board Chair
The Director, Business Development will execute sales and business development initiatives and direct Business Development staff efforts to achieve individual and overall annual sales goals.
- Competitive benefits package
- Flexible work schedule
- Mission-driven work culture in a supportive and fun work environment
- Development and training opportunities
- Altruistic fulfillment
Selling and Relationship Building
- Identify, generate and pursue opportunities to sell CISCRP services to priority, high value clients
- Schedule and give presentations on CISCRP services to existing and new clients
- Gather market intelligence on competitors and on customer needs
- Interview and hire staff
- Mentor and coach business development staff and guide their achievement of individual sales goals
- Develop a business development growth strategy that aims to meet annual financial goals and adheres to CISCRP’s mission and values.
- Work with the Board Chair and Senior Leadership team to develop and execute on an overall strategic plan supported by the business development function
- Routinely monitor and regularly provide updates on the business development function’s performance
- Maintain own prospect and client information in SalesForce and ensure that staff are regularly using SaleForce
What You Bring
- BS/MS preferably in marketing, business, social sciences
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in successful relationship management or business development
- Experience in the clinical research and/or pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Self- starter / Entrepreneurial
- Strong relationship management and problem-solving skills
- Love of selling and the excitement of closing a new contract and account
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative
Job type: Full-time
Salary: $140,000 – $150,000*
* with the potential to generate total compensation of ~$200k (including commissions)
CISCRP offers a flexible hybrid working model, where employees work partly in the physical workplace, and partly remotely. We also offer fully remote positions.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At CISCRP we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note in the email subject line, ‘Director, Business Development’.