The videos and resources below cover a variety of topics. These topics include:
- General information about taking part in clinical research
- Impact of clinical research on public health
- Personal experiences of patients who have participated in a clinical trial
- Types of questions to think about and ask before taking part in a clinical trial
- Financial compensation for individuals in clinical trials
The Impact Clinical Trials Have on All of Us (English & Spanish Versions)
Clinical Trials Promoting Innovation
Making Cents of Clinical Trials
Clinical Trials and Innovation
Why They Chose to be Research Volunteers
Participating in a Clinical Trial
Speak Out, but Speak Smart
Together We Can Make a Difference
Wise Friends – Interview with Ken Getz
Communicating Trial Results with Ken Getz
Participating in a Clinical trial is designed to help audiences learn more about clinical research and understand the role of a study volunteer through first person storytelling. The video introduces us to several volunteers from different backgrounds and demographics.
Several of the videos feature CISCRP founder Ken Getz speaking to local and national audiences about CISCRP’s mission and programs, as well as the changing landscape that is improving communication between clinical trial volunteers and clinical research professionals.
Speak Out, Speak Smart is CISCRP’s award-winning collaboration with Langland and Shire that features Mike, an unconventional trial participant. In this series of videos, viewers can choose Mike’s decisions, and the videos play out to show the outcomes of those decisions.