- This event has passed.
Journey to Better Health | AWARE for All-Birmingham
March 9, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm CSTFree!
This free community event was held on March 9th, from 5-8PM at The Harbert Center in downtown Birmingham, AL. Attendees had the opportunity to to learn more about clinical trials, hear personal experiences from those who are involved in them, and also connect with a variety of local organizations to find out more about their programs and services.
- Jeh Jeh Pruitt, Sports Anchor & Reporter, FOX 6 News
- Jane Allendorfer, Ph.D, Assistant Professor, Department of Neurology, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Del Smith, Founder & CEO, Acclinate
- Monica Baskin, Ph.D, Professor, Preventative Medicine and Associate Director, Community Outreach and Engagement, University of Alabama at Birmingham- O’Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center
Kevin Jones, Clinical Country & Site Lead – US, Global
Clinical Operations, Biogen
- Shauntice Allen, Ph.D, Assistant Professor, University of Alabama Birmingham, School of Public Health, Clinical Trial Participant
•5:00 PM: The Informational Exhibit Center opens
- Access free health screenings and visit exhibits from research, advocacy, community, and wellness organizations.
- 6:00 PM: Welcome & Opening Remarks
- 6:10-6:30 PM: Clinical Research Overview Presentation
- Presented by Abi Kulshreshtha, Chief of Staff at Southern Research Institute
- Topics include: the basics of the clinical trial process, the safeguards in place, the importance of diversity in trials, and more.
• 6:30-7:30 PM: Speaker Panel
- Hear from knowledgeable healthcare and research professionals, and from community members who have participated in a clinical trial.
• 7:30-7:45 PM: Closing Remarks & Raffle
Download the Event Program Handbook