- This event has passed.
AWARE for All – Midwest | VIRTUAL Event
July 22 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm CDTFree!
Informational Exhibit Center and Webinar
The AWARE for All – Midwest educational event covers the Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, and Minnesota areas.
Taking good care of your health is one of the most important things you can do for yourself.
At the AWARE for All – Midwest Webinar and Informational Exhibit Center, you’ll:
- Hear personal stories from people who have participated in clinical trials and why they chose to participate
- Find out how healthcare professionals help people participating in clinical trials
- Join in on a 5-minute easy chair yoga exercise
- Visit over 40 organizations in the Informational Exhibit Center to access health information, read brief stories from people who have participated in a clinical trial, visit the Health & Wellness Pavilion, and more!
- Receive a free downloadable booklet with helpful information about clinical research—available in English and Spanish
- 4:30 PM—4:35 PM: Welcome from CISCRP
- 4:35 PM – 4:40 PM: MT Pharmacy Video
- 4:40 PM—5:10 PM: Overview Presentation
- Steve Satek, Founder & President of Great Lakes Clinical Trials
- 5:10 PM—5:50 PM: Panel Discussion
- Nia Grant, Type 1 Diabetes Trial Participant
- Lynne Jordan, COVID-19 Vaccine Trial Participant
- Dorelia Rivera, Parent, Caregiver, & Rare Disease Advocate
- Manish Jain, MD, Rheumatologist, Ravenswood Rheumatology
- Anna Lok, MD, Assistant Dean of Clinical Research, University of Michigan
- Holly Milaeger, MPH, Program Manager, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine Division of Rheumatology
- 5:50 PM—5:55 PM: Virtual Health Exercise – Seated Yoga Stretch
- 5:55 PM—6:00 PM: Med Hero Ceremony & Raffle
Download the Event Program Handbook