- This event has passed.
AWARE for All – Northeast | VIRTUAL Event
April 15 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm EDTFree!
NOTE: This event will run 1:30-3:00pm PDT, 2:30-4:00pm MDT, & 3:30-5:00pm CDT
Informational Exhibit Center and Webinar
New and expanded format. The AWARE for All – Northeast educational event covers the Boston, New York, Washington D.C, and Baltimore areas with a specific focus on these therapeutic areas and medical conditions.
- Infectious Disease/Lyme Disease
- Neurology/ Parkinson’s Disease
Taking good care of your health is one of the most important things you can do for yourself.
At the AWARE for All – Northeast Webinar and Informational Exhibit Center, you can:
- Hear personal stories from patients who participated in clinical trials and why they chose to participate
- Listen to healthcare professionals on how they help patients participating in clinical trials
- Hear a 5-minute easy health tip
- Receive a free downloadable booklet with helpful information about clinical trials—available in English and Spanish
- Visit over 30 organizations in the Informational Exhibit Center to learn more about clinical trials for you and/or a loved one, access easy-to-read health information, read brief stories from patients who participated in a clinical trial, and more.
Download the Event Program Handbook:
- 4:30 PM—4:35 PM: Welcome from CISCRP
- 4:35 PM – 4:40 PM: MT Pharmacy Video
- Highlights how pharmacy shelves would be ’empty’ without clinical trials
- 4:40 PM—5:10 PM: Overview Presentation + Q&A
- Led by Dr. Carmen Guerra, Associate Professor of Medicine, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- 5:10 PM—5:40 PM: Panel Discussion
- Donna Matlock, Asthma Trial Participant
- Colleen Ziegler, Lung Cancer Trial Participant
- Christian Ramirez Martinez, Clinical Research Enrollment Manager, Columbia University/ All of Us
- Cathi Thomas, Program Director of the Parkinson Disease and Movement Disorder Center at BUMC and Coordinator of APDA I&R Center
- Jamie Houde, EMD Serono
- Rodney Winley, CSL Behring
- 5:40 PM—5:50 PM: Q&A
- 5:50 PM—5:55 PM: Virtual Health Tips or Exercises
- 5:55 PM—6:00 PM: Med Hero Ceremony & Raffle*