- This event has passed.
Journey to Better Health | AWARE for All-NYC
May 19, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm EDTFree!
Thank You for Attending Journey to Better Health | AWARE for All New York City
This free community event was held on May 19th, from 5-8 PM at The New York Academy of Medicine in NYC. Attendees had the opportunity to learn more about clinical trials, hear personal experiences from those who are involved in them, and connect with a variety of local health and wellness organizations to find out more about their programs and services.
- Dr. Edith Bracho-Sanchez, MD, primary care pediatrician at Columbia University Irving Medical Center, writer and on air medical expert for CNN, Univision, Telemundo, and ABC.
- Rivka Szafranski, CEO and Lead Patient Advocate, Clinical Trial Guide
- Columbus Gaskin, Lupus Clinical Trial Participant
- Ashley Giacobbi, Clinical Trial Nurse Navigator, Clinical Trial Support Center, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Shira Kaplan-Walker, Lupus Clinical Trial Participant, Lupus Research Alliance
- Pankaj Patel, Head of Diversity & Inclusion for Clinical Trials, R&D, IQVIA
- Ellyn Getz, Director, R&D Patient Partnerships, R&D Strategic Operations, CSL Behring
- Makeida Stubbs, Clinical Trial Diversity Operations Lead, Pfizer
•5:00 PM: The Informational Exhibit Center opens
- Visit exhibits from research, advocacy, community, and wellness organizations.
- Access free HIV and Hepatitis C (HCV) health screenings
•6:00 PM: Welcome & Opening Remarks
•6:10-6:30 PM: Clinical Research Overview Presentation
- Topics include: the basics of the clinical trial process, the safeguards in place, the importance of diversity in trials, and more.
• 6:30-7:30 PM: Speaker Panel
- Hear from knowledgeable healthcare and research professionals, and from community members who have participated in a clinical trial.
• 7:30-7:45 PM: Closing Remarks & Raffle
Download the Event Program Handbook