Medical Hero 5K Run & Walk
CISCRP holds fun, active and meaningful fitness events throughout the year to celebrate the individuals who participate in clinical trials to help make new treatments possible.
The Medical Hero 5K run and walk—in-person or virtual—was conceived in October 2013 and is held in specific locations across the nation. Everyone within these communities are invited to join this fitness event. All proceeds raised provide clinical research education and outreach resources for the public, patients, and their families to better navigate the clinical research experience.
5K Virtual Participation
You can also participate in the Medical Heroes Appreciation 5K as a ‘Virtual Runner or Walker.’ By joining as a Virtual Participant, you can run or walk from any location you choose. Run, jog, walk around your neighborhood, office building, trail, treadmill, or at the gym.
To participate as a Virtual Participant, select the ‘Virtual Runner/Walker’ option when you register for the Medical Heroes Appreciation 5K and you’ll receive a t-shirt. You can showcase your appreciation for Medical Heroes everywhere, anytime—take a picture of yourself in the Medical Hero 5K t-shirt, post to social media and use the hashtag #MedHero5K. You can also send the picture to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to add to the 5K online photo gallery.
Your participation—in-person or virtual—and contribution as a 5K participant will fund educational programs and outreach initiatives for patients and their families. Visit our Education Program and Programs website pages to learn more on how your donations are applied.
We applaud the DIA for being the first organization to host the Medical Heroes 5K Run & Walk event. Since our inaugural 5K event in June 2014, it’s been hosted by the ACRP, SCRS, ISPE and Stormont Vail Health.
Participate in the 2020 Event
Companies are welcome to sponsor the Medical Hero 5K Run & Walk through different Sponsorship Tier Packages. Sponsoring this virtual fitness challenge supports building awareness and education about clinical research among the patient communities and general public.
Sponsorship Tier Packages: Olympiad, Champion, Elite, Participating, Booth*
- Special opportunity to share words of appreciation during the Medical Hero 5K ceremony
- Share quote in press release
- Logo on DIA meeting confirmation email to registrants and attendee reminder email (Know Before You Go)
- Logo on DIA Show Daily ad (runs Sunday during the meeting) and special mention post-5K write-up (runs Tuesday during meeting with photo of 5K)
- Opportunity to provide branded 5K gift bag (i.e., drawstring backpack) provided to all registrants
- Logo and link to company website on 5K registration page and CISCRPs Medical Hero 5K landing page
- Opportunity to place branded promotional item inside the registrant’s gift bag
- Special mention at the onsite Medical Hero Appreciation Ceremony before 5K run/walk starts
- Logo on DIAs Spring Global Forum, ½ page ad
- Logo on Athlete bib
- Logo on Athlete certificate
- Display table – top space at start or finish line
- Logo and link on CISCRPs 5K sponsor page
- Logo on sponsor banner at 5K
- Logo on 5K registration confirmation email
- Logo on DIA onsite meter board
- Logo on 5K t-shirts
- Logo on banner ads placed on the CISCRP and media partners website
- Logo on CISCRP homepage Medical Hero 5K banner slider
- Special mention in CISCRPs Circle of Supporters page
- Special mention in CISCRPs quarter eNewsletter
- Logo on 5K email campaigns, issued by CISCRP and 5K outreach supporters
- Special mentions in CISCRPs social media posts
- Unlimited complimentary registrations for your 5K team
Note: *Certain benefits apply to each sponsorship tier package
If interested in sponsoring the Medical Hero 5K Run and Walk, please contact the Community Engagement Team at 617-725-2750, email Hope Ventricelli at email@example.com, or click on the ‘Contact Us’ button to complete the form.