In this work, CISCRP will ask you to write, edit, and Quality Control review content within the Health Communications (HCS) Department. Content may include, but is not limited to, trial results summaries, plain language summaries of publications, trial registry listings, infographics, and video scripts. All content will be written in plain language (13-year-old reading level) and held to regulatory requirements when appropriate. The primary source documents for the creation of plain language content may include, but are not limited to, CSRs, ICFs, CSPs, TFLs, and scientific manuscripts. Additionally, attendance and participation at client/sponsor meetings to discuss content is required (i.e., Kickoff Meetings and Comments Resolution Meetings).
This position requires excellent written and verbal communication and decision-making skills, in addition to a strong ability to communicate complex scientific content and data into plain language. The ideal candidate is organized yet flexible, and has the ability to manage the big picture while also tending to the details of multiple, concurrently running projects and tasks.
- Competitive benefits package
- Flexible work schedule
- Mission-driven work culture in a supportive and fun work environment
- Development and training opportunities
- Altruistic fulfillment
- Write, edit, and quality control review plain language scientific content
- Work with a team of project managers, graphic designers, clients, and editors to create and edit deliverables within specified timelines
- Serve as subject matter expert on projects, client/sponsor calls, and conference presentations
- Maintain a familiarity with regulatory requirements and climate as well as publication landscape, and advise accordingly
- Travel and attend conferences and meetings when appropriate
What You Bring
- Required: BS or MS in life sciences
- Preferred: PhD, MD, or PharmD
- Ability to interpret and explain complex data and concepts. Experience communicating scientific information from CSRs, CSPs, manuscripts, etc. in plain language
- Ideally has experience in editorial and coordinating or managing projects in health communications, medical/regulatory writing, clinical research studies and/or continuing medical education
Job type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000 – $90,000 per year
CISCRP offers a flexible hybrid working model, where employees work partly in the physical workplace, and partly remotely. We also offer fully remote positions.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At CISCRP we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note in the email subject line, “Medical Writer”.