CISCRP has developed a unique community program that will enrich the study volunteer experience, shift public perception around what it means to be a clinical trial participant, and improve public awareness and engagement.
Many study volunteers feel connected to their trial and their care team but feel little lasting connection to clinical research after their final study visit. If we begin supporting study volunteers long-term, we will create a community of patients who understand the importance of clinical research participation and act as ambassadors to spread this message.
This program will provide a platform for study volunteers to engage further with each other and with the clinical research enterprise through continued support with resources and learning tools, and a variety of opportunities for ambassadorship.
Our vision is an international community of Medical Heroes who consider clinical research participation to be a part of responsible, healthy living. These individuals see their contribution to medicine as an integral part of public health and understand the important role that study volunteers play. They speak to friends and family members about their experience and share their knowledge as ambassadors within their communities.
The Alumni program is built on three main pillars:
Awareness and Education, Enriched Participation Experience, Contribution and Community
Subscription to CISCRP Quarterly Newsletter
- Patients can stay up to date about new events, programs, and resources within the CISCRP community.
- Opportunity to be featured in the "Medical Hero Spotlight" section of the newsletter.
Medical Hero Ambassador Training
- Provides members with tools and strategies to build awareness and understanding of clinical research in their communities.
- CISCRP team works hand-in-hand with members to give support and training needed for working health fairs, speaking at community centers, churches, and more.
Medical Heroes Appreciation events
- Members will be invited as honorary guests to Medical Hero 5K Run & Walks, special dinners, and other events.
- These events also provide networking opportunities for Medical Heroes to connect with one another and build relationships among the community.
AWARE for All Patient Panels
- Members will have the opportunity to speak to entire communities at AWARE for All, as well as other conferences, meetings, and events.
Editorial and feedback panels
- Members will be able to participate in patient advisory boards, protocol design and informed consent form feedback committees, as well as online community feedback on brochures and educational materials.
- Members with certain conditions will be invited to editorial panels to review trial results summaries for the Communicating Trial Results program.
If you are a research professional who wants to offer this service to your patients, we offer many options that may be customized to enrich the Alumni Community experience further. These options include:
- Custom Thank You letter and Alumni Program Invitation given on the final study visit, co-branded with sponsor
- Medical Hero hats, water bottles, tote bags, buttons, and cell phone sleeves
- Custom Gift of Participation book with sponsor company logo and message on inside cover
- Lay language trial results summaries
Contact Rachel Minnick for more information about this program.
Whether you are a study volunteer hoping to join the Alumni Community, or a clinical research professional interested in providing membership for your clinical trial participants, we can help!