Patient Diversity Campaign
CISCRP’s Patient Diversity campaign focuses on sharing educational information about clinical research and highlighting the critical importance of patient diversity within clinical trial participation in order to discover treatments that are effective for all. CISCRP established relationships with 5 leading publishers serving minority communities in major cities of the U.S. — Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, Detroit, and Atlanta – to circulate an attractive, meaningful and awareness-building advertisement (featured on right).
With this campaign, CISCRP is making a commitment to the members of these underserved communities by offering educational resources to gain knowledge about clinical research participation. Please visit our educational resources page here.
Through continued initiatives like this one, our hope and goal is to rebuild trust and familiarity for the clinical research enterprise throughout the entire population. With diversity in clinical trials, new treatments can be brought to everyone.
A Very Special Thank You to Our Sponsors for supporting this initiative:
CISCRP would like to recognize and extend a ‘Thank You’ to Praxis for donating their pro-bono graphic design expertise to create the advertisement.
- Reach over 1 million individuals in the Black, African American, Hispanic and Latino communities
- The Weekly Citizen (Chicago, IL)
- Excelsior (Los Angeles, CA)
- New York Amsterdam News (New York City, NY)
- Michigan Chronicle (Detroit, MI)
- The Atlanta Voice (Atlanta, GA)
- Print and Digital Circulation – over 1 million readers
- Support efforts to educate diverse communities about clinical research and build trust for the industry within minority populations
- Dedicated website page listing the 5 newspapers and acknowledgement of organizations on CISCRP website; CISCRP continued marketing initiatives, including social media, to support awareness
- Featured on digital platforms of influential leaders, partners, and organizations—including website, blogs and eNewsletters
- Print copies of newspapers distributed at leading industry conferences throughout the year
- Increasing trust within the communities; showing a positive movement in breaking down the barriers and bridging the gap between patient communities, general population and industry